Obstetrics & Gynecology Department
OB & Gynecology
Obstetrics and Gynecology at WELLKINS Medical Centre makes it our priority to provide you the best gynecology care in a personal and comfortable setting. We offer a wide range of quality care and treatment throughout a woman’s life from an adolescent into childbearing to old age. Our gynecological services include general gynecology like menstrual problems where we take care of adolescent and adult patients.Our team is composed of adept and best Gynecologist, Obstetrician, and nurses to offer countless and untiring assistance for our patients: from educating teenagers about their bodies as they enter puberty, to keeping an eye on pregnant women throughout their entire challenging journey. We make sure that women who visit our clinic will leave perfectly healthy through diagnosing potential health threats with our advanced medical technology and treat them right away to maintain their welfare.Obstetrics and Gynecology department of WELLKINS Medical Centre provide the management of,
- Treatment of Hormonal Disorders
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Fibroids and Endometriosis
- Acute and chronic lower abdominal pain
- Pregnancy diagnosis & prenatal care
- Antenatal & Postnatal checkup
- Pap smear
- Family Planning & Counseling
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the female reproductive system. This includes breasts, uterus, ovaries vagina or vulva. It can also include some urological or gastrointestinal symptoms.
- You have any menstrual, pregnancy, fertility or contraception questions or issues.
- You have any sexual health concerns. Examples include libido, pain or abuse.
- You are seeking a preventive health exam and age-appropriate screenings.
Even though both the specialties go very much hand in hand and the same doctors deal with both your concerns still we have 2 divisions in which obstetrics deals with care during pregnancy childbirth and post-partum……together, these two specialties center on the female reproductive organs in their pregnant and non-pregnant states.
According to ACOG a girl can have her first visit between the 13 -15years, or earlier if any concerns. Here she can discuss about her general well-being, hygiene, can be counselled and any concerning problems can be addressed in confidentiality.
A Pap test (also known as a Pap Smear) is a test for cervical cancer. It is one of the most important gynecology tests a woman should have on a regular basis to keep healthy. In an examination room, the doctor gently swabs a tiny sample of cells from the patient’s cervix (the opening of the uterus). The sample is then sent to a lab to test for any abnormal cells. Abnormal cells do not mean the patient has cervical cancer, but further tests may be needed.
Women aged 25 to 49 years should be screened every 3 years. Women aged 50 to 64 years should be screened every 5 years. Cervical screening method will be Liquid-Based monolayer Cytology, also known as LBC. Depending on the cervical screening result, human papillomavirus test (HPV Test) will be conducted.
An OBGYN can care for you during pregnancy in the following ways:
- Conduct prenatal testing (urine, Pap, blood, etc.)
- Perform fetal monitoring (ultrasounds, kick counts, electronic fetal monitoring)
- Complete tests for birth defects and/or genetic disorders
- Provide information on any physical, mental and emotional changes you experience
- Care for you during labor and delivery
- Guide you through postpartum physical changes
- Prescribe medications as needed
- Answer any questions you have along the way
Whether you are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant, it’s important to get the care you need.